Wednesday 20 March 2013

ECT side effects

Far and away the most important thing to say is that I am getting better. The electro-convulsive therapy is working.

But I am experiencing some side effects. Stronger than I've felt for many years; maybe because I haven't had such a long period of depression for many years. I feel quite peculiar.

It's not quite as straightforward as short-term memory loss. Though it certainly includes that. But it's an absence of brain function in a less linear sense that I can't define.

For example, yesterday I told a teenage neighbour that she was walking the wrong way to her school (she wasn't, and even if I thought she was why on earth didn't I keep my gob shut?). I also wished my best friend happy birthday when it wasn't, and almost forgot the way to Logie's nursery, a route I drive four times a week.

I feel like I'm in a dream, or have pulled an all-nighter. Everything is disjointed and bizarre.  Of course, matters are slightly complicated by the fact that I am actually rather sleep deprived, so who knows what feeling I should be attributing to what cause.

Not my regular shrink, that's for sure. Yesterday he did his most blatant display ever of repeating back things I've literally just told him, but presenting them as conclusions of his own. It's quite a breathtaking habit, that leaves me looking round the room to see if anybody else witnessed it. Or maybe I am indeed mad.


2 comments:

  1. A great thanks to Doctor Ekpiku the man that work for you as a father I was having genital herpes for 6 year I never found cure I was embarrassed every time I always have pain every time am very happy for Doctor Ekpiku who God bring as helper to me, when I found his email on internet i was shock if it was true serious the man is real he will ask you to choose for your choice of your propose of the cured he inform me about the herbs cure and the spell casting and the spell casting take 45 mins to work which I applied for, once you provide what he need for the spell casting he get the necessary thing available for the cure and he go on with the cure, he inform me that the cure is done at night when will was in the night he go on with the spell casting at time I sleep off because he ask me to sleep on my bed, when I wake-up I found changing in my body I was cured I run to hospital for test I found out am negative thanks to Doctor Ekpiku you can reach him on his email now ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@gmail.com Or ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@hotmail.com.
    Thank You Dr Ekpiku and text me for further information +1 (650) 319-6239

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so happy to share this testimony thank you Dr Oduku i never believed i will be herpes negative again despite all i passed through Dr Oduku you are truly sent by God and you can also place your order for Dr Oduku roots and herbs medicine email odukuherbalremediess@gmail.com or what-app number +2347067706774.

    ReplyDelete