Tuesday 5 March 2013

Diarrhoea and weight gain

I know I've had a baby recently because of my hands. They are red and dry from repeated washing.

I know he is doing well, because he has put on 180g in the last week, and needs only 20g more to get back to his birthweight.

I know I am rather fond of him, because I feel a strong urge to have another baby RIGHT NOW. This is surely to do with my hormones, and the fact that he's still nice and sleepy most of the time. This is not a feeling that will last. Right?

I know that Logie is put out by all this, because although he is perfectly civil to Lix in person he refuses point blank to do anything normal, and even cried when we left him at nursery this morning. Very out of character. 

However, I don't know if the first two sessions of ECT have done the trick yet. I suppose this means they haven't, as I usually feel the change all over my body when it happens. Last time it took only two sessions - in previous years it's taken more.

Part of the problem is that I've had a terribly upset stomach since Sunday night, and nausea alongside it, so I feel pretty ropey in general. It's quite hard to assess your mental state when you feel sick, and keep dashing to the loo. So I'm going to have another treatment on Friday.

Luckily, no one else in our household has got this stomach bug. Felix can't have it if he's putting on weight. Logie I think is cutting a molar, but that's not related. Jon is having the stitches out of his finger tomorrow, but that's definitely not related. That's just my family doing their bit to provide material for you.

Ocado is late. Baby announcement cards cost a fortune. DEAR GOD, I AM BORING, AND MIDDLE CLASS, AND UNGRATEFUL. Clearly my brain is not working. I don't have anything funny to say.

If you want to know more about ECT - sticking the electrodes on my head, what the anaesthetic feels like, how many students come to gawp at you - then post a comment, and I'll write it up after Friday. I need a bit of motivation. I don't feel very coherent.

Here are some pictures, because nothing else in this will have raised a smile. Logie on Jon's shoulders after seeing Ben & Holly at the theatre on Sunday morning, and Lix having his first slide on Sunday afternoon. I am very lucky to have these boys in my life.





3 comments:

  1. Hi lucy, firstly congrats on the new baby Felix! he's lovely and Logie looks very proud!

    please do a write up on your ECT.. ive been in a severe major depression for 2 years 3 months.. sadly suicidal and ive been on 7 meds.. its hard to know when to call it quits on the meds and bite the bullet and go with the ECT!!

    i know my life being saved is the most important thing.. im just scared it wont work like all those meds.. and that my ability to learn will be affected if i somehow get my life back, i'd like to go back to university..

    good luck

    xhannahx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah

      We should talk. I'm so sorry you've been having such an awful time, I'd love to give you some info and encouragement about ECT.

      Send me your number - to lucydottallonatgmaildotcom

      Hang in there

      xx

      Delete
  2. A great thanks to Doctor Ekpiku the man that work for you as a father I was having genital herpes for 6 year I never found cure I was embarrassed every time I always have pain every time am very happy for Doctor Ekpiku who God bring as helper to me, when I found his email on internet i was shock if it was true serious the man is real he will ask you to choose for your choice of your propose of the cured he inform me about the herbs cure and the spell casting and the spell casting take 45 mins to work which I applied for, once you provide what he need for the spell casting he get the necessary thing available for the cure and he go on with the cure, he inform me that the cure is done at night when will was in the night he go on with the spell casting at time I sleep off because he ask me to sleep on my bed, when I wake-up I found changing in my body I was cured I run to hospital for test I found out am negative thanks to Doctor Ekpiku you can reach him on his email now ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@gmail.com Or ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@hotmail.com.
    Thank You Dr Ekpiku and text me for further information +1 (650) 319-6239

    ReplyDelete